Saturday, December 11, 2010

Keep on keeping on

This is not a baked-potato-in-the-microwave effort. There’s no instant gratification. But I’m still moving forward one step at a time.

Got a mention in the local paper this week. I hope the Ipswich Chronicle has some trans-media-oriented readers who will take the paper to their computers and copy in the web address.

Got a callout in friend/comedian Dave Rattigan’s e-newsletter. With this I hope we’ll see a logical chain. Here’s my hopeful theory: People who like comedy shows are happy, and people who are happy will be willing to vote for my trip. Therefore people who like comedy shows will be willing to vote for my trip.

Or maybe I’m just crazy.

I’m starting to get the hang of tweeting. Maybe I am crazy.

I did another coffee-shop campout here in town at  Zumi’s, the local favorite. One woman asked about the “Help a Writer Run Away from Home” sign on my laptop and she thought the trips sounded exciting. I gave her the info and am keeping my fingers crossed.

Most people who came and went were moving with a purpose. They were zipping in to get their caffeine to go and rushed out. They were meeting others and settled quickly into their scheduled conversations. We are so purposeful here in New England; it makes me wonder if this technique would be more successful if I lived somewhere else.

But I can’t help it. I enjoy the people-watching and how the smell of coffee lingers on my jacket even after I leave the cafés. 

No comments:

Post a Comment